“Bonza Recipe…Better than the original” as reviewed by Bill on the 9th of April. (click on the review tab above to see full review)
The Original Chimay Blue or Chimay Grand Reserve at 9% alcohol, is a Belgian classic & we have spent years perfecting our recipe. As far as clones go this is one of our best ever.
It's rich, spicy & fruity peppery with a superb coppery colour, heaps of malt density & character providing a gentle sweetness. It is higher in alcohol than a regular Belgian Ale & given its strength subtle hints of alcohol are present throughout, which just adds to the indulgent drinking pleasure.
- Style: Belgian Strong Ale / Dubbel
- Ideal Fermentation Range: 15 - 20°C
- Colour EBC: 60 -70 Copper Brown with a light creamy head
- IBUs: 35 moderately bitter
- Original Gravity: 1.050 – 52 (at 15lt total volume)
- Final Gravity: 1.010 – 1.012
- ABV: 5.8 – 6 %
- Volume 18lt
- Recipe Style: Malt Extract with a grain addition Beer Kit
- Hop Aroma & Flavour: Earthy, spicy, herbal floral notes
- Appearance: Amber copper -coloured with a creamy off-white head.
- Mouthfeel: Creamy medium-full body
" blend pale brewing malt extract 3.2Kg
" Crushed roasted grains
" Brewing Honey
" German and English grown hops for flavour aroma and bitterness
" Belgian Ale Yeast
" Easy to follow instructions
Optional extra add 500g of soft brown sugar & reduce the volume to 15L to bring the alcohol up close to the original 9% ABV.
|Brand||Australian Home Brewing|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|