Recipe Kit Black IPARated 4/5 based on 2 reviews.
Share this product:
Black IPA - A fearsome, hoppy dark beer with flavours ranging from grapefruit to coffee. Strong ABV, slightly roasty medium body - with a big whack of Simcoe hops. Everything you want, in one beer!
- Style: American IPA
- Fermentation Range: 18 - 23°C
- Colour EBC: 100
- IBUs: 45 – 50 hoppy
- Original Gravity: 1.046 – 1.050
- Final Gravity: 1.010 – 1.012
- ABV: 5.2 – 5.5%
- Volume 21lt
- Recipe Style: Malt Extract Beer Kit with dark grain addition
- Hop Aroma & Flavour: Grapefruit citrus, earthy spice character with hints of roasty espresso
- Appearance: Black, opaque with a frothy off-white head
- Mouthfeel: Light-medium body with a long bitter finish
robust bold & lingering indlugent
Are you bottling this beer? check out the AHB Bottling & Carbonation Pack for $7.95
AHB Bottling Pack Contents
- 100 Crown Seals
- 1 Pack of Carbonation Drops
- No Rinse Sanitiser Sachet
|Brand||Australian Home Brewing|
Back in BlackBy: Steve Miller on 31 July 2021This is an excellent home brew. Not even 2 weeks after bottling, I tried a small bottle of it. I can't wait to taste it 3+ weeks onwards. Possibly the best home brew I've made, even at this early stage. Note that I added 225 grams of quick oats directly into the bottom of the fermenter. I don't know if it's added any particular positive characters to the beer, but thought I'd mention it.
Age this for a good few weeks in the bottle and yoBy: Matt on 8 October 2020I had tried a black IPA before and loved the complexity of it. It has the appearance of a stout and still has those toasted flavour notes, but much more light and crisp with those nice hoppy IPA tunes coming through Recommended to leave in the bottle for a good 3 weeks before cracking one open.