Maibock Bavarian Lagers are traditionally brewed for special occasion and that occasion may be right now.
Light golden with a fuller malt balance, and a spicy, floral fruity flavour derived from the Magnum and Hersbruker hop additions. This Lager presents a clean bitterness just bittered enough to balance the malt sweetness and fermented with a clean, crisp and relatively attenuative classic Bavarian lager strain.
The result is a golden beer with a dense and lasting white foam head, and a complex flavour profile and a smooth lingering finish.
- Style: Bavaraian Helles Lager
- Fermentation Range: 8 - 14°C
- Colour EBC: 8-12 EBC
- IBUs: 25 - 30 balanced clean bitterness
- Original Gravity: 1.040 - 1.044
- Final Gravity: 1.010 – 1.012
- ABV: 4.6 – 4.8%
- Volume 21lt
- Recipe Style: Malt Extract Beer Kit with a Grain Addition (note this kit includes 400g of crushed Carpils grain which is steeped in a pot on your stove...we recommend using a hop & grain strainer bag to make the job of straining the grain mash easy ) Carapils used used to enhance the mouthfeel and head retention.
- Hop Aroma & Flavour: Spicy floral with subtle notes of fruit
- Appearance: Golden
- Mouthfeel: Smooth medium malt mouthfeel with a fresh & lingering finish.
Are you bottling this beer? check out the AHB Bottling & Carbonation Pack for $7.95
|Brand||Australian Home Brewing|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Maibock Bavarian LagerBy: Martin Leggett on 24 June 2021An excellent beer for winter brewing. I allowed 8 weeks for fermentation before bottling and enjoyed my first bottle 2 weeks later. I recommend this lager, it lived up to all expectations.