The Cooling Pump Kit allows users of the Grainfather Conical Fermenter to control the fermentation temperature with cold water by pumping it through the double walled insulated interior.
Temperature control is one of the most crucial elements for producing a good quality beer. It needs to be regulated and stable throughout the whole fermentation process to ensure the yeast doesn't get stressed and ferments correctly to get the right flavour profile.
To be able to cool with the Grainfather Conical Fermenter, you need to have the Conical Fermenter Temperature Controller. Then once your target temperature is below the temperature of the wort in your fermenter the Cooling Pump Kit pumps ice cold water through the double walled insulated interior to cool down your wort.
Simply connect the couplers and insulated hoses to the Conical Fermenter, submerge the submersible pump into a cooler box with water (add ice for your required temperature) and pump the liquid through the insulated cooling sleeve of the Conical Fermenter body.
What is Included
· Conical Fermenter Cooling Pump (submersible)
· T-section power connector
· 2 x self-sealing couplers and insulated hoses
Rated 12 VDC – 4.8 Watts
How to Use It
· Find a suitable container to put the submersible pump into, preferably a cooler box. Place the pump upright in the cooler box.
· Connect the insulated hoses to either side of the fermenter by attaching it to the self-sealing couplers.
· Fill the chilly bin with ice and water. Tip why not freeze some plastic soft drink bottles to put in the water.
· Plug it in and turn it on..
Everything is now set-up. To start cooling, follow the instructions on the fermenter controller manual.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|